Saturday 28 September 2013

Saturday 28th September - Propulsion Power Reduced

I think that over the last week I've seen pretty conclusively that range still drops off sharply any time I stop with only a few miles remaining. So the big question has to be what happens if I keep going instead?

Morning range estimate is 43 miles. I go shopping and recharge, still 43 miles:

 After driving 18.7 mile, 24 miles range remaining (41.7 total).


Strangely another 13 miles driving only lost 4 miles from the range. The expected total range for the charge has now gone up to 51 miles.

I didn't stop to take pictures part way, but with 40 miles elapsed the estimated range was still 10 miles. Just over 4 miles later it was all gone. Total battery range 44.3 miles then 7.8 miles to our destination.
 We stopped for 25 minutes, then as soon as I restarted the Volt:
Propulsion Power Reduced lasted a couple of miles and then cleared itself. We stopped for a bit and when we returned to the car it seemed that PPR had recharged 7 miles of range and nearly 2kWh (although we actually only got a bit over 5 miles):


So there you have it. It seems that despite the software upgrade I'm still getting propulsion power reduced. :-(

Edit: FWIW, the overnight recharge took 11.8kWh.

No comments:

Post a Comment