Sunday 22 September 2013

Sunday 22nd September - Still getting big range drops

The morning range estimate was 41 miles. We went for a drive, 9 miles out and 9 miles back:

After 18.7 miles covered, the estimated range remaining was 26 miles (odometer 12120, but for some reason Google+ hasn't uploaded that photo).
 I went out for another drive, 12 miles remaining, 35.6 miles covered:

 Nearly 4 hours later, the car hasn't moved an inch, but the remaining range is down to 5 miles:

If 35.6 miles took 7.8kWh, then the remaining 5 miles should need 1.1kWh. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to verify this, but by that calculation the battery should run out after 8.9kWh. This is in line with the total charge I was seeing back in July/August on those days when I lost a chunk of range while parked.

I now have a meter in line with the charging cable. Saturday left the battery completely discharged after 10.3kWh used, and the overnight charge was 12.0kWh. I don't yet have any other full charges to compare this against, but from part charges (e.g. 7.7kWh used needed 9.9kWh to recharge) I would have expected after using 10.3kWh I should have needed more than 13kWh to recharge. I think I need more data from this to draw any conclusions.


No comments:

Post a Comment